If you are a lover of tarragon, you will adore this velvety, hearty broccoli and potato bisque.
1 1/4 cups [270 g] whole-grain rice (round grain)
1 quart [liter] hot water
•1 medium potato (unpeeled, unless non-organic), diced into 1-inch [2.5 cm] pieces
1 zucchini, diced into 1-inch [2.5 cm] pieces
3 1/2 cups [200 g] broccoli florets
1 Tbsp [15 g] grated ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried dill
2 Tbsp dried ground tarragon
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp tamari (or shoyu)
1 hot green chili pepper, chopped (optional) (discard seeds for a milder taste)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, put a medium saucepan with the hot water on high heat, and bring to a boil.
3. Add the potato, zucchini, broccoli, ginger, and cumin. Stir well.
4. Let boil for 15 minutes, until all the veggies are very tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Do not drain.
5. Transfer the vegetables together with the cooking water to a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade.
6. Add the dill, tarragon, lemon juice, tamari, and chili pepper, if using.
7. Process for about 2 minutes, until completely puréed.
8. Once the rice is cooked, rinse it under hot water and set aside.
9. Pour the contents of the food processor back into the saucepan, and reheat on medium heat until it starts bubbling. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
10. Transfer the bisque to a large serving bowl, and put the rice into a serving dish.
11. To serve, put some rice into a soup dish, and pour the bisque over it.
Credits/Source: Thierry Pascal – Vegan Up!
If you like to read this blog, support my work by clicking on an ad. Thank you. 🙂